- Steans Center
- Student Records
- Academic Calendar
- Campus Connection
DePaul Teaching & Learning Blogs
Desire2Learn (D2L) and Digication are separate and distinct technologies. These "D2L vs. Digication" webpages are meant to compare key features in D2L and Digication so that instructors can A) distinguish between them, and B) decide which one(s) to use for a specific class.
- D2L is a learning management system. As such, it connects many elements within a single course, including email, calendar, grading, and discussion boards. All courses have D2L sites automatically. At DePaul, D2L does not include an e-Portfolio function.
- Digication is an e-Portfolio platform. It provides a site for students and faculty to display their work in flexible ways, both within one course and across courses and other activities, with no end date. Faculty choose whether or not to incorporate Digication e-Portfolios into their course requirements. Digication e-Portfolios cannot entirely replace a learning management system like D2L.
The resources on the following pages outline the differences between them in substantial detail. Each page focuses on a specific set of features and compares them using both visual charts and detailed textual descriptions.
- D2L vs. Digication: Collaborative Features
- D2L vs. Digication: Content Management Features
- D2L vs. Digication: Feedback & Grading Features
- D2L vs. Digication: Logistical Features