- Steans Center
- Student Records
- Academic Calendar
- Campus Connection
DePaul Teaching & Learning Blogs
The Teaching & Learning Certificate Program is a workshop-based program for all full-time and part-time DePaul faculty who are interested in enriching their teaching practices in collaboration with colleagues from across the university.
To attain a Teaching and Learning Certificate, instructors complete a minimum of six workshops within two years. The workshop series begins with an introduction to the Digication e-Portfolio platform, which is used throughout the program, and culminates in a reflective teaching portfolio workshop. Participants select at least four additional Teaching Commons workshops led by faculty and professional staff. For example, survey and focus group participants expressed particular interest in the following topics:
- Engaging students in discussions
- Providing efficient and effective feedback
- Getting students to read course materials
- Improving the quality of student writing
- Designing and presenting effective lectures
As a result of participating in this program, instructors will:
- Develop their teaching skills
- Deepen their understanding of their own approaches to teaching
- Learn new research-based pedagogies in higher education
- Network with their peers
- Collaborate across disciplines
- Build a teaching portfolio
- Receive the Teaching & Learning Certificate
For more information, visit the Certificate Program website or contact Rana Husseini, Assistant Director for Teaching Support in the Office for Teaching, Learning & Assessment, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.362.6712.
To register for the Certificate Program or learn more about its requirements and workshops, please visit the program's Digication website at: depaul.digication.com/TLCP.