- Steans Center
- Student Records
- Academic Calendar
- Campus Connection
DePaul Teaching & Learning Blogs
The scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL) is a growing discipline dedicated to taking teaching and learning as serious intellectual work. A good introduction to SoTL can be found in “The Scholarship of Teaching: What’s the Problem?” by Randy Bass of Georgetown.
- Teaching & Learning Conferences. Upcoming conferences on the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning sponsored by a variety of institutions.
- Grants for Teaching. Highlighted grants available for research on teaching at DePaul.
- International Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning
- Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- College Teaching
- The eLibrary of The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
- Teaching and Learning Research Periodicals (from University of Washington)
- By discipline
- SoTL -- Potential publishing outlets. Links to multiple education journals including journals for specific subjects (from Illinois State University).
- The Chronicle of Higher Education Blogs. Multiple blogs from the Chronicle of Higher Education including current News Blog, The Wired Campus, and Brainstorm.
- Open Educational Resources Blogs. Aggregator of blogs discussing open educational resources (OER) which are teaching, learning and research resources that reside in the public domain or have been released under an intellectual property license that permits their free use or re-purposing by others.
- University Diaries. Margaret Soltan, an English professor at George Washington University, writes about her university experience.
- Bibliography of SoTL books, grouped by topic. These books are available at DePaul's Office for Teaching, Learning, and Assessment.
- Recommended SoTL books ranging from introductions to the field to practical handbooks. From Indiana University.
- DePaul - Specific Grants
- Teaching and Learning Grant Opportunities - Vanderbilt University's Center for Teaching lists a number of external funding sources
- IDEA papers provide useful ideas related to teaching and faculty evaluation. From the IDEA Center of Kansas State which serves colleges and universities committed to improving learning, teaching, and leadership performance.
Organizations and Projects
- CDM Innovation in Technology Education Center (iTec) is a nationally-recognized source of innovative technology teaching through relevant research and collaborative activities, as well as a resource for corporations, other academic institutions, alumni and students.
- International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning. Founded in 2004 by a committee of 67 scholars from several countries, now meets yearly to discuss teaching and learning as serious intellectual work.
- Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching is an independent policy and research center devoted to improving teaching and learning
- Teaching, Learning, and Technology Group. Provides online chats twice a month on various teaching topics. Discussions are free but require registration. A large catalogue of their past presentations can be streamed online.
- Award-Winning Teachers on Teaching on iTunes from Stanford University's Center for Teaching and Learning. Exemplary teachers, including Eric Mazur, on improving teaching.
- Inside HigherEd. News and interviews for students, professors and others interested in the state of higher education.
- Digital Campus. Digital Campus is a biweekly discussion of how digital media and technology are affecting learning, teaching, and scholarship at colleges, universities, libraries, and museums.
Teaching & Learning Websites
- Center for Innovative Teaching & Learning. George Washington's teaching and learning center, including links to many other Centers for Teaching and Learning.
- CMU Eberly Center for Teaching Excellence. Includes a large set of common teaching problems and solutions by the Carnegie Mellon Center for Teaching Excellence.
- Derek Bok Center for Teaching and Learning. Includes information on course planning, grading, and assessment.
- MIT Teaching and Learning Laboratory. Teaching materials and definitions including resources on learning objectives, course evaluations, and grading rubrics.
- Schreyer Institute for Teaching Excellence. Penn State's teaching and learning center including many tools for teaching and learning.
- Speaking of Teaching. Stanford University's Newsletter on Teaching including articles on team teaching, cooperative learning, teaching with case studies, and more.
- Teaching Tips (University of Hawaii). A large repository of teaching tools, advice, and techniques organized by teaching issues.
- Vanderbilt Center for Teaching - SoTL. An overview of SoTL, a guide on how SoTL is done, and how to go public with your SoTL research.
Send a teaching and learning question to the Teaching Commons
Share a resource with the Teaching Commons