- Steans Center
- Student Records
- Academic Calendar
- Campus Connection
DePaul Teaching & Learning Blogs
Grants for Teaching
This list includes internal DePaul grants for enhancing instruction. The University Research Council provides assistance for other types of funding.
- The University Office for Teaching, Learning & Assessment (TLA) administers the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) Grant Program. The primary goal of the program is to provide funding support (up to $2,500) to any faculty or instructional staff at DePaul University who pursue rigorous investigation on teaching and learning and make public their findings in suitable peer-reviewed outlets.
- Grants are awarded on an annual basis, with proposals typically being due in the early fall. The program requirements, documents, and submission form are available on TLA's website.
- Competitive Instructional Grants provide up to $3,500 in support of curricular or pedagogical innovations designed to enhance the quality of degree-credit instruction at DePaul. The Council accords highest priority to projects that promise a significant impact on the quality of teaching, including improvements in the assessment of student achievement. Grant deadlines are October 15 and March 15.
- Departmental Initiative Grants provide up to $5,000 in support of initiatives designed to strengthen teaching and assessment in degree-credit curricula. These projects will involve a portion of the unit's full-time faculty in significant curricular reform or in pedagogical innovations to improve teaching. Grant deadlines are October 15 and March 15.
- Academic Technology Grants provide up to $7,500 in support of departmental initiatives designed to strengthen teaching and advance faculty research. Because academic departments exercise primary responsibility for supporting faculty use of technology in teaching and research, this program is designed to help departments fulfill that responsibility by offering a supplementary source of funds to enhance technology support. A department can receive only one technology initiative in the same year. Grant deadlines are October 15 and March 15.
- Service Learning Instructional Grants are designed to increase the opportunities for DePaul students to incorporate meaningful public service and service learning into their course work. Public service is understood as activities that carry resources from the university into the community. Service learning courses benefit both students and the community. Up to $4,500 will be provided to DePaul faculty and may include a summer stipend. Grant deadlines are October 15 and March 15.
- Departmental Service Learning Grants provide up to $5,000 in support of initiatives that have broad curricular impact and lead to the integration of public service or service learning opportunities into a department or program curriculum. Long-term connections between outside organizations and DePaul departments are expected to be developed in collaboration with the Steans Center. Grant deadlines are October 15 and March 15.