- Steans Center
- Student Records
- Academic Calendar
- Campus Connection
DePaul Teaching & Learning Blogs
Online Teaching Evaluations
Course evaluations at DePaul are conducted entirely online and are available to students via mobile devices.
To help raise rates of return, faculty are strongly encouraged to allow students in face-to-face courses to fill out evaluations during class time, using a mobile device.
Here are some recommendations on how to handle the process:
- Alert students in advance of the scheduled day of evaluation, so that they can plan to bring a mobile device to class. Faculty members may want to include this information in their syllabi.
- Allow at least 15 minutes for the evaluations.
- Leave the room while students are completing the evaluations.
- Encourage students without a mobile device to find a publicly available DePaul computer to complete the evaluations.
- To share instructions with students, use the computer in your classroom to access the web page linked here before leaving the room.
Faculty can access the evaluation system to add customized questions during the appropriate period or to view their evaluation reports at any time, through Campus Connect. The navigation in Campus Connect has changed recently. In order to access the OTE system as faculty, login to Campus Connect and select Self Service > Faculty Center > Online Teaching Eval – Faculty. Thank you for your patience as we update all of the following video tutorials to reflect this new location.
- Accessing and Interpreting Evaluation Reports
- Adding Questions to Your Evaluations
- Creating a New Question
OTE Frequently Asked Questions for Faculty from the OTE Team
FAQs for Administrators
OTE Frequently Asked Questions for Administrators from the OTE team
Mobile Access for Students
Online teaching evaluations at DePaul are available to students via mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Evaluations can be accessed three ways:
- iDePaul App
You can download the free iDePaul app from the Google Play Store or the Apple iTunes Store. Once the app is installed on your mobile device, you will see a Course Evaluation icon. Click on the icon to access your evaluations. (Campus Connect authentication may be necessary).
On your mobile device, open one of the periodic emails sent to you by Office of the Provost with the links to all your course evaluation forms. Follow the link of the course you wish to evaluate.
- Campus Connect
On your mobile device, open a browser window and log into Campus Connect. Locate the “My Class Schedule” link and follow the link to the evaluation of the course you wish to evaluate.
OTE Frequently Asked Questions for Students from the OTE team