- Steans Center
- Student Records
- Academic Calendar
- Campus Connection
DePaul Teaching & Learning Blogs
The following resources offer guidelines for faculty and tips for students in courses that include field experience.
The LA&S Task Force Report, guidelines to facilitate student field activity , provides a framework for preparing a course for field work, including: selecting sites, creating syllabi, evaluating students outside of the classroom, developing safety guidelines, and emergency response protocol.
The Steans Center provides a handout on community conduct & safety tips for students engaging in field work.
Resources and Further Reading
The Carleton College Geology Department offers a discipline-specific discussion of the pedagogy behind incorporating field experience in the sciences. While this page was created for geoscience, it remains relevant to all subject areas and offers pedagogical foundations for structuring field labs, managing time in the field, and supporting students with special needs.
- Supports faculty in the development, administration, and teaching of courses that integrate service-learning pedagogy
- Identifies project opportunities at non-profit organizations
- Provides ongoing logistical support for faculty teaching a service learning course
- Offers workshops on reflective practice for service-learning integration
- Supports faculty throughout DePaul in developing, enhancing and maintaining high-quality academic internship programs
- Advises faculty in the development and teaching of academic internship courses